We intend to help you understand your privacy rights, and to give you an opportunity to fully evaluate the benefits and risks of sharing your personal identifiable information with us. We also intend to show you how we secure your personal information, and handle it with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
1. What we do
Our overall goal is to organize health information in such a way that it empowers you to make decisions that make you feel healthy, engaged, productive and happy. This requires a good understanding about your health, your environment, what you eat, how you feel, and how your environment and what you eat affects your overall health, engagement, productivity and happiness.
Unlike other continents, Africa has minimal research funding dedicated to the sciences, especially the health industry. We lack scientific research that can help us understand why we get sick as often as we do, and the role of nutrition and medication in preventing the predominant diseases. When we are sick, we keep eating foods that make us feel worse, and sometimes doctors and nurses forget to provide clear advice on what we should eat, at what time, and how we should be feeling. When we are sick we are pretty much confused about everything. There are also not many nutritionists, doctors and medical officers to provide the information we require about what to eat when we are sick. We seem to have also forgotten that illnesses related to our minds and moods are diseases, which are curable, and affected by what we eat. This is why Lishe Living exists, to use health, nutrition and behavioural science to address the health challenges you face.
Going forward we feel it is important to affirm that Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Any advice, health programs and guides offered by Lishe Living are intended to complement and not replace any treatment from a Physician/Doctor.
2. Where this policy applies
- The information practices of other third parties, companies and organizations that operate on our services.
3. Information we Collect
Lishe Living collects Personal Information when you register for our services or enrol to our Health plans and Programs. Depending on how you use our Services, we collect different kinds of information about you. This may include:
Information you give us
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you purchase our health plans and programs, you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you enroll to our health plans and programs you provide us with information such as your age, occupation, medical history, medication, diet, weight, allergen etc. for initial assessments.
- In order to monitor your progress and make recommendations or adjustments to your plans you may provide us with : daily blood pressure readings, weight readings etc.
- When you participate in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions or events, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our coaches, health scientists, nutritionists or customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. We monitor or record these interactions for training purposes, research and to improve the quality of our services.
- If you ask us to communicate with other people (for example, if you ask us to email your Doctor or fitness instructor), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
- We also process your chats with us or other users as well as the content you publish and share on our platforms (WhatsApp groups and social media) as part of the operation of the services.
Information collected when you use our services
- Usage information – We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g. date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, advertising that you click on etc.)
We also collect data on how you use our services. This information is collected using a Cookie which is basically a small file that we place in your device when you visit our site. This file allows us to make your engagement with us more efficient and personable.Through the cookies we collect information on which pages you visit and for how long, and what functions or links you use most often.
This information allows us to personalize the experience for you. We also use it to collect information when you fill out forms on the site. For example, once you have logged in once, you do not have to key-in the information you have given to us before, because the file has stored your information into our system.
We will inform you when we use a Cookie, and you retain the right to accept or refuse our use of the Cookie to access information about you.
5. How we use information
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including how to improve the health outcomes and billing
To understand your health needs and recommend health related changes
- We use information you provide to identify gaps in your nutrition and provide personalised advice of calories and nutrients you should be eating in order to improve your health outcomes.
- We also use the information you provide to prepare exercise and fitness guides for you.
- We also use the information to learn more about why you suffer the ailments you do, for example whether the foods you eat have an impact on how you feel, be it active, sad, energetic, or sick.
To identify what you eat, and expose you to new foods and diets in bid to shape your food habits
- We collect information about your preference to helps us understand your dietary patterns and to recommend better foods to meet your nutritional requirements.
- We also collect information about how you eat, what time you eat, and how you feel. We collect this information by asking you simple questions about meal timings, emotions and stress levels.
- This information gives us a better picture of your habits, good and bad and helps us carry out research about the link between your habits, diet and health outcomes.
To understand how you use the website and topical interests, to help us better target and respond to the audience’s health needs
- Even if you do not enroll to our plans/programs, or provide any personal information to Lishe Living, we collect information about your use of our services. For example what links brought you into the website, what themes or headlines you click on, what you read, and how long you spent on a page. We use this information to make sense of how you use the services, as well as for analysis on how to target our audience better.
To generate marketing and advertising revenue
- We provide all health-related advice and guidance to patients and caretakers at no charge. You shall not be charged to use the website, or application. Instead we transfer the costs you incur to organizations and companies that wish to contact you. We feel this is a fair way of ensuring that your health advice is fully sponsored by a company or organization that wishes to reach you
- We charge these companies that wish to reach you a fee. The fee is used to present to you their services or products, or to ask you some health-related questions. At no point will we market or promote services that are detrimental to your health. We will always inform you about services and products we are marketing, with a highlight that says “Sponsored.”
To improve our services and develop new ones
- We use information you provide us to conduct research and analysis to improve our services, health plans and programs and to develop new ones in line with users’ needs.
6. How we share information
With our service providers and partners
- We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
- We may also share limited information in hashed form with advertisers. We charge them a fee and we will always inform you about services and products we are marketing, with a highlight that says “Sponsored.”
- We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- When we partner with corporates for corporate wellness programs for staff/employees we may provide general health related statistics to them geared at improving wellness at the workplace.
For corporate transactions
- We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, or other change of ownership or control.
When required by law
- To comply with a legal process, such as a court order, or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements;
- To assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or
- To protect the safety of any person.
7. Cross-border data transfer
- We maintain servers around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
8. How we protect your information
- We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. Although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
- We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
- We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
- You are responsible for protecting your account, account passwords and any related codes, and of restricting access to any computer, device or media system you use to access our services and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
9. Your rights
- You have the right to examine and obtain copies of your personal data and any health or health related records in the form and manner you request from Lishe Living.
- You have the right to correct or request Lishe Living to correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request Lishe Living to transfer data we have collected to you or another organization under certain conditions.
10. Data retention
- If you have an account with Lishe Living you may close your account at any time. After you close your account you will not be able to sign in to our services or access your personal information.
- We may retain certain information related to your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity as well as to prevent any fraud, collect any fees owed and protect the integrity of our services or users or take other actions permitted by law.
11. Changes to this policy
12. Complaints and Dispute resolution
13. Contacting us
P.O.Box 2675 – 00600, Kenya